Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Were there Previous Heavens and Future Heavens Yet to Come?



Were there previous universes and future ones yet to come?


A Poser by Ju Boo Lim 

Student in Astronomy 

University of Oxford 


- Wednesday, 20 November 2019, 6:53 AM


Earlier in this forum, I posted my view that this Universe may repeat its life cycle in a Big Crunch after the initial Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago. I gave reasons for my thought


Others school of thoughts proposed an alternative theory that the current expansion may go on forever because the mass may be below its critical density for gravity to slow down the inertia of its expansion


But suppose the theory that the Universe will come to an end one day in the distant future, and returned to the stage before it was born by the Big Bang, and collapse again somewhat like a pulsating heart  which  is more probable as I too think, then another question I would like to pose is, if this is pulsating rebirth is true, then there is no reason for us not to believe that before this Universe of our came into existence,  there was already another previous universe, and ours  is just one of the many cycles of a continuous rebirth.


Could this theory I propose here a possibility? Of course I am only thinking, and there is no way we can ever know. We are not even certain the fate of our present Universe, let alone know anything about past or future universes being born, die and reborn.


As far as I am concerned, there is this possibility of recycling.


Now back to some thoughts on Creation and religious systems of beliefs


For thousands of years certain oriental cultures like those of the Chinese, Hindus, Buddhism, and Taoism, believe in the recycle of births and death of a human life. They call it reincarnation


If this is true for a physical and spiritual life, the same scenario may also be possible for a physical universe? Why not? This is just my personal thought


Recycling of Universe, Birth and Death


Hence if we argue that a spiritual being or soul is the breath of God that is eternal and live forever, and can only be recycled from body to the next body when a body dies, then if there was, or were already many, many previous universes, then is there a possibility we already have our many existences  in the many other previous universes


I know some will say mine is ridiculous theory.  This is just an offshoot or a byproduct of thinking arising on the fate of our universe from this course.  But that should not suppress or inhibit me from expressing my own independent ideas.


Please do not ridicule or penalize me because of this “weird” question. I just suddenly think of this after reading the chapter on the fate of the universe. I don’t think we will ever know.

I am not saying I am right. I am only asking myself a question. I just like to share my thoughts with you


Thank you for listening, agreeing or dis-agreeing it does not matter.

Lim ju boo

Malaysia

1 comment:

Karan Kumar said...

I always read your articles which is commendable. I hope that you keep writing continue.

Thanks & Regards
Benefits of eating fruits
Benefits of pineapple

The Body is Just A Biochemical Factory or Is It?

  Following my article posted only a few hours ago here: Allopathic, vs. Osteopathic and Other Systems of Medicine: A Choice in Therapeutic ...