Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Emptiness in Space?



In the introductory on the Big Bang, allow me to quote this passage below:



"our island Universe of a hundred billion stars – was merely one of many such galaxies separated by millions of light years of empty space"



How can that be? How can there be emptiness between the galaxies ?



First, Nature abhors a vacuum. I would have thought even in intergalactic spaces, there would be at least one hydrogen atom per cubic metre of space.



Even if there is none, or let me put this another way - what lies between the two hydrogen atoms in two cubic meters of space?



Answer: Empty?



 I would argue that there would be gravity in the space no matter how weak since the force of gravity falls off as the square of its distance (between two stars or between two galaxies)



As far as I know, gravity has no seam or boundary. It permeates seamlessly throughout the entire Universe no matter how weak between vast distances of intergalactic space



If my personal argument is not correct because the gravity would be so weak between two galaxies or stars, that it is almost not tangible (but not exactly zero), then we still have time there as part of the space-time continuum (Einstein Theory of Relatively)



To me, nothing in this entire Universe can be zero, empty or nothing.



There must always be something there even in a black hole such as temperature as postulated by Steven Hawking if I am not mistaken.



Once again Nature abhors a vacuum



I hope my thinking is sound?



lim ju boo

Malaysia

No comments:

The Body is Just A Biochemical Factory or Is It?

  Following my article posted only a few hours ago here: Allopathic, vs. Osteopathic and Other Systems of Medicine: A Choice in Therapeutic ...