Saturday, November 12, 2022

My Mistakes in Life

 Let me share with you the mistakes I made yesterday when I went to a small town called Kuala Kubu Bahru (KKB) in the State of Selangor, here in Malaysia, 53.2 km from my house. This unforgiving experience is supposed to be shared among friends in our WhatsApp chat group, but I decided to open it to a much wider world-wide audience here in this blog so that they will not repeat the mistakes I did.

It took us one hour 3 minutes to drive to KKB at a maximum speed of 107 kph.  My wife, my son and myself decided to go to KKB for a casual lunch since it was Saturday weekend. But I think I made a mistake like most of us often do by overspending on lunch. I just want to share my horrible mistakes in life with readers here.  Often, we are extravagant by overspending which is really unnecessary.



Here is my story. 

 

We went there actually for a casual ride but ended up spending unnecessarily for lunch because normally I eat only a simple meal at home once a day, very seldom twice a day.

However, I drink a lot of water – at least 2 litres a day. I have earlier explained our body losses at least 800 dl of water every day whether or not we drink. We call this “obligatory urinary loss”.  If we do not replace this compulsory urinary loss, within two days we would be dehydrated, and death ensures within 4 – 5 days as water is needed to flush out the metabolites such as urea, uric acids, creatinine, salts and electrolytes such as sodium from food consumption, and also other breakdown  of drugs we may be taking.

Furthermore, our kidneys will cease to function if we do not drink adequately, at least two litres of water a day.  Food is less important as we can last for weeks or months depending on our fat storage, provided we drink – water is free as a gift from God.  Hence it is crucial we drink to replace the fluid loss in urine  

But unfortunately, what I did yesterday was not just wrong, but perhaps even sinful considering that over 80 % of poor communities throughout the world hardly have the ‘luxury’ of even a meal a day.

We ordered six dishes just for three of us. We ordered sweet and sour fish, prawns in chilli sauce, two plates of taufoo with different preparation, baby bean sprouts, and a large portion of pork knuckles

It was wrong of me to order so much dishes and to spend a total of RM 298.50 just for lunch for 3 of us plus some extra food we brought home. This amounts to almost RM 100 per person. Just imagine if we were to spend at this rate just for food every day, this works out to be RM 298.50 x 3 meals a day = RM 895.50 per day, RM 26,865 per month or RM 322,380 a year. (One US dollar = 4.70 Malaysian Ringgit. One British Pound = 5.48 Malaysian Ringgit at current rate). We then went back to Kuala Lumpur and on the way we stopped at "The Taste of Chennai" in Rawang to order several packets of different Indian curries, and back in Kuala Lumpur bought several durians. All in, we spent RM 417.65 on food alone yesterday, and not just RM 298.50 as in KKB. This is truly far in excess than what we actually wanted. 

Where would I be able to get that kind of money just to satisfy my gluttony? Thankfully, my average food expenditure for just myself and my wife is normally between RM 1,300 - RM1,500, at most up to RM 1,800 per month, and even that is already excessive for the two of us. Of course, we don’t go out often to eat.


Naturally I do not have that sort of money, or that means. Neither do I live that sort of lavish lifestyle. It was of course just for a day. In fact I normally eat a very simple meal  at home, often just once a day that does not cost more than RM 8 -10 on an average. 


What I am trying to explain here is, sometinmes all of us do overspend unnecessaily what we can actually afford. But I suppose  unnecessary overspending do happen to most of us, and it may do no harm if it was only for a day or two once or twice a month. I do not think anyone, including myself indulge in such spending just for a meal. It is far  beyond my means in any case.


An ocasional overspending is harmless I suoppose, so long we keep within our means and monthly budget especially for food that is the most important need in our llife. Anyway I diluted that out by not having my dinner that night. I just ate a very simple and cheap meal only once a day as I normally do. I write this just for illustration that all of us do unnecessary overspend once in a blue moon so long we do not make that as our habit and unhealthy lifestyle. 


As I have just mentioned after that unnecessary spending, I did not eat any dinner at all that night. I just drank an extra 1 litre of plain tea for dinner. In other words, I actually ate one meal yesterday. Thankfully that diluted out my excessive spending.


Don’t we think what I did was not right, if not sinful when as I said, over 80 % of the world population from poor countries do not even get a single meal costing less than RM 2.30 per day for a family of 10. They really live in abject poverty.


It was totally unforgiving when I spent too much, and they have so little. Yet God bless them all with disease-free longevity, whereas the rich and extravagant are plagued by chronic and degenerative diseases like diabetes, metabolic syndromes, gout, heart, vascular, liver, kidney, stroke, cancers, among other incurable diseases due to overeating, gluttony, and over nutrition.

  

I am always mindful of what Jesus warned about our souls when we die, because souls exist. Jesus clearly showed souls exist using His parable about the rich man and Lazarus when they both died as told in Luke 16:19-31. He clearly convinced me (at least me, perhaps not many), souls exist when we die as I have explained in several of my blog articles such as here, to quote a few:


https://scientificlogic.blogspot.com/search?q=does+life+exists+after+death

https://scientificlogic.blogspot.com/search?q=mystery+of+life

https://scientificlogic.blogspot.com/search?q=soul

https://scientificlogic.blogspot.com/search?q=does+soul+exist


This serves as a very serious warning to us who may be rich and have plenty to eat, use and to invest on other unnecessary items we hardly need, use, or use only once or twice after buying them, only to hang them all up to collect dust after that. In fact 99.999 % of the things we buy and keep in the house we use only once, twice or three times at most and hang them up to collect dust, while most in poorer countries do not even get to eat once a day.   Jesus repeated His warning about rich people once again here.


“I’ll say it again—it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!” (Matt. 19:24.). We may only be physically rich here in this temporary life here on Earth.


“Therefore, I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on…” (Matthew 6:25-34).

Jesus doesn't over eat like most of us. In fact, Jesus often fasted, some sometimes as long as 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness (Mark 1:13; Matthew 4:1–11; Luke 4:1–13).


What I did yesterday was downright wrong because it is far, far, far better for me to nourish and invest in my soul (that clearly exists) for all eternity than to invest on eating all the food in this world could offer for at most 100 years, or even more than 1,000 years if this is possible like in the early days of creation, such as the longevities of Methuselah, Lamech, Noah, among others who all lived between 700 to almost 1,000 years then.  

But finally, it is the bacteria that would devour all our bodies when we die. See article on “The Chemistry of Death” here:


https://scientificlogic.blogspot.com/?zx=1199620883ec0a60


The bacteria of death and decomposition were the first to appear on Earth. They are the meekest of all living things God has ever created, and they shall also be the last to disappear after feeding off all the dead bodies of every human here on this Earth so that they can re-inherit this Earth once again after all humans have died due to our greed, overpopulation and consuming all the natural resources available. Mark this verse which no church has tried to explain so far.

“Blessed are the meek (the bacteria of death and decomposition), for they will inherit the earth” (Mathew 5:5).

You can clearly see the mistake I too made yesterday, but I am now thankful He has opened my eyes after the blunders I have done. I hope I can be forgiven.

This is just to share my mistakes. Thank you for reading. 


Jb lim

No comments:

The Body is Just A Biochemical Factory or Is It?

  Following my article posted only a few hours ago here: Allopathic, vs. Osteopathic and Other Systems of Medicine: A Choice in Therapeutic ...