Monday, July 15, 2024

No Other Love by a Street Violinist

As I type my article on cancer now for Mohd Nazlan into my blog as I promised him, I am now listening to this Paris Street violinist to share with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aNJEcFEdR4

Though he is a “street violinist”, he is a very good violinist.  I can tell as I play the violin myself. I was a violinist in a symphony orchestra organized by the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO) many years ago.

I know this concert violinist came in disguise as a “street” violinist. I can easily tell by watching his bowing techniques and the ways he executed the notes.

But he is not alone there in the street. He is being accompanied by an unseen pianist. I can hear that. Normally a violin does not sound nice if played alone as you can only played note-by-note unless there is a “double-stop” (rarely). That’s why normally many violinists play together accompanied by other instruments as in an orchestra, or at least by a pianist  

Here’s another beautiful piece just to share while waiting for me to complete my article on cancer.

Tristesse Violin - Chopin Etude Op.10 No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmr34RXu_aM

This piece was made into a song called "No Other Love” here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7COrCbJoeVM

Tristesse was translated into this song in the early 1950’s when I was still in school

Enjoy yourself listening as I try to complete my essay by tomorrow

Take care!

Ju-boo lim


No comments:

Origin of Viruses, Viral Diseases and Monkey Pox

Origin of Viruses, Viral Diseases and Monkey Pox  by:  ju-boo lim I have been reading a lot of news about monkeypox or mpox over the l...