Wednesday, April 5, 2023

An Almost Instant Cure for a Neck to Shoulder Pain: My Personal Experience as a Clinician

 I have had this terrible dull pain over my right neck radiating down my right arm over the last 2 days. I just could not sleep, sit, stand, eat or bathe with that pain. I just did not know what to do. 

Of course, I may be able to get a false sense of "cure" or relief by taking paracetamol or tramadol or any of those opioid medications. I avoided all those stuff.  I tried to massage my neck and right shoulder and strike the areas with a patella hammer (the ones doctors use to elicit and test tendon and Babinski reflexes and other neurological assessments). I had little results to relieve my pain.

I had the same problem for some 6 or 8 months about 3 or 4 years ago, and suddenly I remembered I did something to myself that gave me tremendous relief within just 2 days, but I could not recall the therapy I instituted on myself.  Then when I was massaging the pain with a patella hammer 2 hours ago, suddenly I remembered. 

All I did then was to loosen the compression of a cranial nerve over the neck to shoulder areas by merely exercising my neck, titling it left and right, forwards and backwards, and rotating my head clockwise, then anticlockwise, keeping the various positions and angles there for a few minutes, then repeat the movement exercises. 


Then I found  if I tilted my head towards the right shoulder where the pain was, and also bent my head forwards the right, the relief was much greater. It only shows the compression of one of my neck vertebrae over one of the cranial nerves (possibly the 4th CN) where there is a cross over from left to right, and right to left after emerging from the base of the skull. It may have jarred opened the compression on the left to give relief over the right side. I could clearly hear and feel the crepitus (cracking sounds) of the cervical vertebral bones rubbing as I excerise my neck 


Now after just 30 minutes of this very simple osteopathic exercises to jar open and to loosen a bone-nerve compression over my neck, I got so much, much, more relief now with only residue pain (score of only 1 or 2 on a pain score from 0 -10. The pain before this simple neck exercise  was 6 -7 on the pain score).


If I go and see a neurologist or an orthopaedic surgeon, they will tell me I need an operation for this. They may suggest the use of invasive, expensive, harmful and needless procedures, or if I go to any other medical doctor, those chaps will start giving me all sorts of analgesics and even NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). 


Then not only my neck pain will never go away, but I will end up with PUD (peptic ulcer disease) with all those NSAIDs that never cures anything but only add on to another pain of gastric ulcers.


Now as I type this to share my experience on pain management without drugs or surgery, even my minimal residue pain is now almost gone after two sleepless nights of pain. I instantly relieved it with just 30 minutes of neck physiotherapy.

 

This is  the beauty of non-pharmaceutical, alternative, osteopathic medicine over Big Pharma medicine that does not cure anything except suppress or control the biochemical pathology of a chronic disease for a short time. After taking all those drugs, I need to make another appointment with the doctor again  in 3 months’ time for exactly the same medicine to suppress the symptoms and presentations of a disease, especially in lifestyle diseases like my neck problem probably caused  by me sitting down and playing with my smart phone all day long by bending down down. Where can we find a ‘cure’ for this lifestyle neck pain disorder by using petroleum-derived synthetic chemical medicine? 

This gives me an idea for me to write a good article on PUD using conventional allopathic medical approaches with antacids and PPI (proton-pump inhibitors) and compare it with an integrated holistic approach. 


In conventional medicine, everything and every prescription we must use inhibitors, merely to inhibit and block a chemical pathology like blocking off a living and flowing chemistry of life, health and disease. 


All I have learnt in my pharmacology in university are all those inhibitors and blockers such as ACE inhibitors, alpha-adrenoceptor antagonists, calcium channel blockers (inhibitors) alpha blockers, competitive and non-competitive inhibitors, phosphodiesterase inhibitors, selective and non-selective inhibitors, adrenaline uptake inhibitors, angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors…and thousands more of all these inhibitors and blockers  produced by all  those Big Pharma that never cures anything. These products are given to the doctors as "a drug of choice" to 'cure' a chenmical pathology by inhibiting a flowing chemical pathology in a living body that naturally constantly flows its biochemical course through a pathway like waters through a river. How is it possible to permanently stop the flow of water using some kind of a blocker or dam. Naturally the water will take another pathway. 

The pharmacodynamics (mode or mechanisms of action) of most of these drugs works by blocking or inhibiting the flow of pathological chemistry at cellular activities and molecular levels. But for how long can we block their flow because root causes causing their flow is never blocked? We are only blocking them downstream but never at their sources.

By blocking or inhibiting their natural flow, the polluted (diseased) water will be diverted somewhere else to cause problems for another organ. That’s why all these lifestyles chronic diseases such as cardiovascular, hypertension, stroke,  endocrinal and metabolic diseases like type 2 diabetes , obesity, asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD), Type 2 diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, gout…etc are all linked for which more and more other drugs and inhibitors need to be added, titrated to higher and higher doses, or changed to other blockers because none of them was cured 

That’s why all the patients with chronic diseases treated with all these inhibitors  need to come back again and again in the next appointment for more of all these biochemical blockers called “medicines” to be titrated at higher and higher doses that never cures any of them.Naturally the Big Pharma does not want to produce a product that permanently cures a chronic diseases as they will be bankrupt if they do having spent US $ 10 billion over 15 years just to produce a drug that permanently cure a condition with only one application. They naturally want the patient to conmtinue to use their products as the drug of choice till death do them part. Doctors could do nothing about this as they depend solely on pharmacuticals to treat. Doctors do not produce these products or do they use botanicals or nutritionals  Even for anesthesia and surgery they need drugs.  


All those patients who crowd the hospitals are not new patients with new diseases. They were not patients who got permanently 'cure' with pharmaceuticals of inhibitors, but they are the same patients with their chronic illnesses who came to refill their medicines each appointment. That is one of the reasons why hospitals are overcrowded, actually by the same old patients 


The root causes of diseases and pain were never taught to the patients and how best to remove and address them except giving them prescription after prescription of the same inhibitors and chemical blockers. I feel sorry for being taught like that myself. Health education and preventive medicine are always the best medicine over 'curative' medicine. There is nothing like it.


When Jesus was here over 2,000 years ago He never asked the sick, lame, blind, paralyzed or the lepers who approached Him to first go for x-rays, CT and MRI scans, ultrasound and take blood and urine tests.  or even biopsies  then come back in 3 months’ time to take “medicines, blockers and inhibitors, and come back in 3 months’ time for the next appointment for the same inhibitors. His system of medicine was a million light years away from ours by just a single touch of His hand or just a word from His mouth. How did Jesus do it? Ask ourselves this question, especially if we are medical doctors.


Lim ju boo 

No comments:

Sago into Rice?

  Here is something I just read which immediately made me write my comments right away here as a food scientist, nutritionist, and clinician...