Tuesday, March 24, 2020

My reply to Ms Violet about Coffee, Cocoa and Tea for Corona Virus

Dear Violet

Thanks for the “breaking news from CNN”

Methylxanthine, theobromine and theophylline are three naturally occurring drugs found in coffee, cocoa and in lesser amounts in tea, and they are used in the management of bronchial asthma as their pharmacodynamics (mode of action) are the same as synthetic  bronchodilators like beta-2 agonists, beta-adrenergic  used in hospitals

They are also used for the same purpose in naturopathic medicine, not just in allopathic medicine
In fact drinking black coffee, cocoa and chocolate (no milk or sugar to be added act  both as a preventive and therapeutic medicine for asthmatics, and they are highly effective


But I have no idea if these natural medicines can be used for treating Covid-19?
This is something new to me that need to be investigated


But no harm if you want to drink black coffee or chocolate for their natural aroma, even if we do not know yet  if it can be used as a prophylactic measure (or treatment) for corona virus? I have no clue on this   


Even if they don’t work for corona virus prevention these beverages are loaded with powerful phytochemicals and antioxidants


I shall share this “breaking news” round, this time from me for other treatment purposes  other than for covid-19 

lim ju boo

No comments:

Sago into Rice?

  Here is something I just read which immediately made me write my comments right away here as a food scientist, nutritionist, and clinician...